Hello Crafty peeps,
Valentine is almost here, and who doesn’t love to get gifts... This project is combo of not 1, not 2 but 3 gifts..
It’s a 3D Paper cake, that I made as a part of my DT project for CraftsNeed.
Lets not create more suspense and head on the pictures:
It’s a 3 layered square Box Cake, with something in each boxes. In the first box, being the smallest contains the gold Pendant box in it. (You can put anything like ring,watch, chain, earrings etc). The middle box is full of chocolates, and the largest box is having a mini album where the pic/messages/ memories can be stored. I believe, a crafter’s gift is incomplete without an album holding messages….
- Take a 7 by 7 base cardboard or chipboard. I have used white chipboard.
- Make hollow boxes, 5.5*5.5*2.5 ; 4.5*4.5*2.5 ; 3.5*3.5*2.5
- Make corresponding lids. 5.75*5.75*2 ; 4.75*4.75*2 ; 3.75*3.75*2
- Matt everything with red cardstock (you can take any color).
- Matt only Lids (you can also matt boxes) with pattern paper.
- Made border strip (with border punch )for the bottom of boxes with red cardstock. (If you are matting boxes with pattern paper, this step is not needed)
- Have stick the burlap ribbon (From Craftsneed) on the border of the base and the lids.
- Glued the largest box onto base.
- Then glue the middle box on the lid of the largest box
- Glued the smallest box on the lid of the middle box. For more explanation you can watch video.
- For the top of the smallest lid, have cut a piece of pattern paper and stick it
- Now the part of decorations, I have used few hearts, flowers, flower petals, fillers and pearls, die cut from the pattern paper pack and chipboard element from Papericious.
- The flowers I used are from store.
- The papericious chipboard element. I have heat embossed it with Red glitter embossing powder and yes, I loved the outcome. Wonderful designs.
- Finally fill up the boxes with whatever you wish to gift.
- I have filled the smallest box with pendant box and flowers on the inside corner of the box, middle box with chocolates, and the largest box with petals and a mini album.
- The mini album I had made is of 4*4 size as to fit in the box. Used hidden hinge and is having 6 pages with 3 tags for messages.
Below is the link video showing the tutorial. Its my first tutorial video, so please forgive my mistakes, but ya do let me know them so that I can improve in the next.
And this is the video of the final product:
All the products are from CraftsNeed. You can always buy from the site or can also pre-order.
Thanks for stopping by. Do leave some love if you find my post good or helpful in anyway.
Participating in following challenges:
7. ICR Feb2017
Made it to TOP 3 at Papericious challenge
Featured at http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.in/2017/02/winner-and-featured-creations-83.html?spref=bl